Last Friday I was on This Week in Startups with Jason Calacanis. Lots of great discussions here.
Ok, I know it’s an hour-long video, but if you have time in the evening, we had a series of great discussions once you get 6 minutes in or so past the upfront advertisements.
- Should you raise money at a high price and then just spend it slowly?
- Is the VC model broken?
- Why did the VC investment pace slow down so much?
- Was Fred Wilson right that a VC owning a small stake is OK? (short answer: in most cases a small stake is a problem. Long answer in the video)
- Is it right to have in-stream advertising on Twitter?
- Is it a problem for a CEO to be alone with an employee in the company (Jason says “no,” I’ve never worried about it)
- And tons of great discussions including 2 companies pitches and a discussion of the week’s news.
I love hearing Jason’s opinions. Yes, he’s irreverent and opinionated and that rubs some people the wrong way. But the reality is that he’s often right and often calls things that others don’t see or won’t say. He’s a must listen for any young entrepreneur.